Castle View School Local Governing Board
Governors can be contacted via their Clerk Mrs Sarah Walker: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a committee of QEGSMAT, their legal responsibilities are:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff; and
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
In order to do this they meet as a Resources Committee and a School Improvement Committee each half term. They then all meet as a Local Governing Board each half term. Statements of decisions taken at each meeting are available on the website. Minutes of meetings are available by contacting the Clerk to the Governors, above. In addition, parents are encouraged to speak to Parent Governors with any concerns or queries.
Castle View School Governing Body Annual Governance Statement October 2018
Key issues addressed in 2017/2018
On February 1st Castle View joined the QEGSMAT (Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Multi Academy Trust) with existing staff transferring over to their new employer on their existing conditions of service. This took up a lot of school management and governor time but did not disrupt the pupil’s education.
Our focus is always on improving the experience of children at Castle View to enable them to make the best progress they can. This means an emphasis on the quality of teaching but also on the physical environment inside and outside as well as on behaviour for learning. Safeguarding our children always comes first.
Assessment of the impact of the Governing Body
Every term we consider with the Head what progress children are making and how well objectives set in the School Development Plan are being achieved. To support the staff in their endeavours, governors in 2017/2018 made the following decisions and investments:
- Continued to invest Pupil Premium funds in staff to ensure small class sizes to improve teaching across the school. The progress and achievement made by pupils was the best it has ever been.
- Supported two members of staff to pursue qualification as teachers.
- Invested in the refurbishment of the dining hall to improve the experience of children at lunchtime. Also to create an attractive space that other groups might use.
- Agreed with the Children’s Centre that they would move out of the school’s main building into space at the back of the dining hall.
- Invested in the refurbishment of the former Children’s Centre to create community, office and meeting spaces to improve the experience of children, local groups and staff.
- Agreed to fund new equipment for the 2 year old nursery.
- Supported the Hurst Farm Regeneration Project through participation in meetings and consultation on the estate.
Governance arrangements 2017 – 2018
At the beginning of the School Year the Governing Board of Castle View Primary and Nursery School was made up of the following 11 Governors, supported by a Clerk who works part time:
Local Authority – 1
Staff – 1
Head Teacher – 1
Parent – 2
Co-opted – 5
Associate members – 1
In February 2018 the school left the Local Authority and joined the QEGSMAT (Queen Elizabeth Grammar School Multi Academy Trust) so the Local Authority member became a Co-opted member.
At Easter, two governors retired and were not replaced before the end of the year.
The Full Governing Board meets each half term and is preceded two or three weeks earlier by a meeting of the School Improvement Committee and the Resources Committee where the detailed scrutiny work is carried out.
Governors have skills and experience in: education, finance, personnel matters, safeguarding and community engagement to support their work in committees. A skills audit is carried out annually.
During the academic year 2017/2018 governor attendance at meetings was as follows:
- Full Governing Board – three governors had 100% attendance. Overall attendance was 77%
- School Improvement Committee – four governors had 100% attendance. Overall attendance was 78%
- Resources Committee – two governors had 100% attendance. Overall attendance was 95%
All meetings were quorate and able to carry out their business.
October 2nd 2018
Governor Meeting Statements
Local Governing Board Meetings
Resources Committee Meetings
School Improvement Committee Meetings
Full meeting minutes are available upon request. Please contact the Clerk to Governors on email@example.com for further details.
Funding Information for parents. We receive a General Annual Grant from the DfE via QEGSMAT based on pupil numbers. Funding for Early Years and pupils with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities is overseen by the Local Authority and delivered to us via QEGSMAT.
Castle View Local Governing Body Register Of Business Interests
CV LGB Attendance Log 2017 18